Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Bohemian
Bohemian
Posted at

Yeah I got that subcultured. I just don't quite know where my brain was – probably out hitching a ride to Alaska just to admire the sights or something like that.

polo
polo
Posted at

A damn cat jumped out of a tree while i was going in the front door of my house and damn nearly took one of my eye out! I knew a cat had sharp claws, but GODDAMN that cat Fu@#$% me up! This is not a joke…i really almost lost and eye!

polo
polo
Posted at

Ow. Your eye okay?

Thanks for asking. Besides some lost blood i'll live! I also had to get a shot…never know what kind of std's these damn cats got these days!

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

You got a shot? :)

Sorry man, but that's quite funny. Haha! You got a few scratches and then you went and had a needle as well? Man! In pain and you're out of pocket for the injection. Ah, life is cruel.

On top of that, you probably didn't need the needle either, just something on the surface to sterilise the wounds. Still: ouch.

That doesn't mean I don't sympathise. I do. That's bad luck man :(

kyupol
kyupol
Posted at

I've been wondering what would I have been doing in life during my spare time if suddenly I lost ALL my ability to draw and make stories.

Bohemian
Bohemian
Posted at

You would probably sink into deep, dark depression for a year or two and then while trying to alleviate boredom, latch onto something else that challenges your mind.

marine
marine
Posted at

Comments and e-mails have slowed down on penis again. I got one e-mail asking something like a week ago and now I'm down to one/two comments again. Last week one comic got ten which is nice because all of them were on topic and had comments relative to what was going on there. My hits are about the same, but it grinds my gears when I got nothing to reply to the next day or read e-mails or "private quacks" from people. A lot of the best discussions about my work is between me and one other person. I gave up those god damn instant message things for the second time, and hopefully I can avoid that.

Hits from last week started off pretty low, peaked, then started dropping off again. So lets hope it peaks back up to the 500 range. I've started giving less and less of a shit about my ranking since the people in the top ain't go anywhere (unless they actually leave and go somewhere) and others have money supporting their web comics, so I can't hardly compete with that. Still I keep doing my dick jokes.

Numbers from last week:
10-11-2007

10-10-2007

10-9-2007

10-8-2007

10-7-2007

10-6-2007

10-5-2007

TnTComic
TnTComic
Posted at

I'd like to rant about my brain, for it made me create a comic with a punchline too similar to something i'd forgotten i'd read 6 months ago. Bad brain, bad!

kyupol
kyupol
Posted at

A

You would probably sink into deep, dark depression for a year or two and then while trying to alleviate boredom, latch onto something else that challenges your mind.

lol if I survive the depression.

Which I probably would. Man… I remember especially between age 12-20 I was just crazy self harming suicidal as shit and had a drinking problem that caused my liver to be inflamed a bit.

Comments and e-mails have slowed down on penis again.

lol your "low" is like the "high" pageview day I get on MAG-ISA. Maybe PENIS is an older comic and it gained more attention in the webcomic world because of your princess jen prank you did (which was fucking awesome btw… DO IT AGAIN!!!).

Or perhaps its just OLD shit by now and nobody finds it interesting anymore. I remember my [shattered hate] comic was more more popular than any comic I've done after that. Well… guess the iron is no longer hot and maybe I've offended people with the rants I sometimes put in my authors notes and some pms/email I sent that were meant to HELP and NOT OFFEND.

Animating is slow…and I'm worried I've already lost many readers.

I know what you mean. It takes 5 days to do a 5 minute animation.

And readers? Yeah you're probably right. But I think it will pick up after you pump in about 5 pages.

Or maybe try making a NEW comic. People will still most likely check it out since its written by the same person who made vampire phantasm which they liked. There's an author factor involved.

However with new comics, you might gain the same fate I had when I ended shattered hate and started new stuff.

crazyninny
crazyninny
Posted at

Nothing to whine about, really, but I just can't seem to post the right things on forums any more. A lot of people have been taunting what I've been postings on forums.

… Uh… I kinda feel better now.

kyupol
kyupol
Posted at

I feel like an empty shell today. Sluggish as hell…

Posted at

I have a fuckton of work to do. I have three animations to complete, one for tomorrow, one for Monday and one for god knows when. The problem is that I can't work on them now, the first because it's a joint effort and one of the people I was working with is sick and the other is currently at home, where I can't contact her to tell her we didn't take enough shots (also the drama student who agreed to help us out disappeared) and I'm not sure how flexible the tutor is yet (on the other hand, this would be a good opportunity to find out). The other I can't do because it's not dark enough, but by the time it is I'll be too tired to get it right because I was kept awake last night by a bunch of twats yelling and drinking at one o'clock in the fucking morning on. a. Sunday. The day they're supposed to spend recovering from Saturday. Do these people never stop? Do they ever sleep? Guh. The last one I have no idea about, beyond that it is there. I'm going to have to find one of the tutors tomorrow, which in this place could take years.

Oh, ooooooh, this is classic. The non sick partner works in the cafe on campus and has done for three or four years, what's great about this is that a person she argued with about religion (she is, he isn't) still hates her and yells at her whenever he gets the chance. This started three years ago. Anyway, today we were in the drama area, looking for the other student, now he's a drama student as well, so we kept running into him. Now this wouldn't bother me usually, because I don't like to get in the middle of things like this, but I had a camera with me and didn't bloody record it. A shame, because it was one of the most hilarous things I've ever seen, he was shouting 'EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES! EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES!!!!!' in his horrible accent, not seeing the irony at all.

ShadowDion
ShadowDion
Posted at

Hits from last week started off pretty low, peaked, then started dropping off again. So lets hope it peaks back up to the 500 range. I've started giving less and less of a shit about my ranking since the people in the top ain't go anywhere (unless they actually leave and go somewhere) and others have money supporting their web comics, so I can't hardly compete with that. Still I keep doing my dick jokes.

dude, marine,
you know what i would give to get some of those numbers? i know probably for you it is pretty annoying to get only a comment or two and be down into 140 but the highest my comic has ever hit is 160. i guess i'm just is you should at least be a little grateful that you have that kind of success because some comics don't (and never will). on the other hand i do know what you mean, once you taste those big numbers its hard to be satisfied with something less. but you are totally right about those on top not going anywhere. so clearly the only course of action is to stop them…

okamimako
okamimako
Posted at

Hell, it'd be great to know that there's at least one dedicated reader for mine…

Outside my teacher, for whose class I'm doing my current comic for.

Okay, since I feel on the subject, I hate it when people say they don't like it, yet they don't tell you why. It's not the flaming "OMG tis is stoopud" sort of thing, but when you write something (I write stories outside of comicking), and you show it to a friend, and they reply "Meh." Sure, it's nice to get something outside of the normal friend worship thing, but when someone replies "Meh" to something you wrote (or draw or whatever) and don't actually provide why (or even promising to review it later, and DON'T), it's just frustrating. It's like "Okay, it sucks, so what do I have to do to make it better?" "Meh, I don't really effin' care, man. I'll read it, but don't expect me to provide any bloody input."

Rutger
Rutger
Posted at

Dammit, I'm losing pageviews…and everything started out so well… :(

Posted at

Happens to all of us.

When you [PLUG/CRIT] your comic, it gets a good boost, but most of the people stop viewing it. Unless it's REALLY good like mine.

Srsly.

Go read it. Now.

Rutger
Rutger
Posted at

Happens to all of us.

When you [PLUG/CRIT] your comic, it gets a good boost, but most of the people stop viewing it. Unless it's REALLY good like mine.

Srsly.

Go read it. Now.

I [Plug/Crit] all the time. And I'll read your if you read mine. Srsly.

Posted at

Happens to all of us.

Srsly.

Go read it. Now.

I [Plug/Crit] all the time. And I'll read your if you read mine. Srsly.

You're a Drawerian. I read all Drawerian's comics, aside from the REALLY detailed ones, internet sucks out here in IRAQ, the pages won't load. :'[

And that brings me to my gripe. Hajinet. It sucks, MASSIVELY. I got more speed with dial-up, hell, it takes 25 MINUTES to upload 1 page of my comic…

Also: My comic got turned down by the "Army Times" for "potentially offensive, and possibly racist remarks"! D:

It was ONE page about a sergeant who has a THICK accent. ANYONE who has read my comic knows that It is a feel-good kind of comic. WHY THE HELL would I purposefully add Racism/offensive material to my comic.

I'm sick of people screaming "RACISM!" at every given opportunity. WAKE UP PEOPLE! There is only 1 race in mankind, Homosapien. just because our skin pigment, accent, or location differs, it doesn't mean we are a different race. The ignorance of the average adult maddens me. SEVERELY.

kyupol
kyupol
Posted at

Because there is SPRITEISM here.

kyupol
kyupol
Posted at

It was ONE page about a sergeant who has a THICK accent.

They want everyone all to speak as if they are born and raised and properly educated in the English language.

Rutger
Rutger
Posted at

Best Spriteism you'll ever see though!

kyupol
kyupol
Posted at

Best Spriteism you'll ever see though!

If RACISM = discrimination against people of another race

Then what is SPRITEISM?

kyupol
kyupol
Posted at

I sometimes wish my car was a fucking TANK.

Cuz if I had this I wont have to worry about people cutting me off on the highway.

Fine… cut me off then and you get what's coming to you:

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.