Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

I'd actually like to drive a tank too. I think that thing is technically an armoured car though… An old converted British Ferret?

I'm sick of people screaming "RACISM!" at every given opportunity. WAKE UP PEOPLE! There is only 1 race in mankind, Homosapien. just because our skin pigment, accent, or location differs, it doesn't mean we are a different race. The ignorance of the average adult maddens me. SEVERELY.
That's so true… They don't seem to realise that just the belief in the idea of "race" is racist.
-and not only because that's what the word originally actually meant. It fits in with the new meaning too.
People need to drop the "race" idea to start with, then work on their prejudices.

Heheh, I rant about that all the time, but seriously, the "race" conceit only relatively new (only became a really accepted idea in the 19thC, partly to justify slavery and "white" supremecy), AND it's a LOT more destructive and has way less validity than other things people routinely bitch about, like religion.

kyupol
kyupol
Posted at

I'd actually like to drive a tank too. I think that thing is technically an armoured car though… An old converted British Ferret?

Its a Filipino tank. Called the gagamba MX-7.

Gagamba - Spider.

Rutger
Rutger
Posted at

Dammit, I'm losing pageviews…and everything started out so well… :(

Because there is SPRITEISM here.
Best Spriteism you'll ever see though!

If RACISM = discrimination against people of another race

Then what is SPRITEISM?

Useless.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Its a Filipino tank. Called the gagamba MX-7.

Gagamba - Spider.
That's very interesting to know, and I believe you 100%, I can also see that it's based on the British Ferret design:

It's good to see that classic beast is still in use, they were groovy light AFVs :)

ShadowDion
ShadowDion
Posted at

i don't wish i had a tank, i wish i had the willy wonka train. seriously, i'd be popping out foam all over the place.

oh man, that sounded really bad.

kyupol
kyupol
Posted at

@Ozoneocean
That's nice to know that Gagamba was derived from the British Ferret. :)

I didn't know that lol!

Thats a tank that isnt as gas guzzling and hi-maintenance compared to those Abrams and T-72 tanks. We need to cost-cut because that pesky war in Mindanao (south of the country) is a financial hemmorrhage (damn commie and muslim rebels).

And besides… what good is a tank in a jungle war? I saw war footage from Mindanao and everywhere is just all fuckin green and the sound of gunshots and explosions. Infantry and helicopters do most of the combat in a jungle war. Air power and Armor is almost useless… :(

@ShadowDion - lol willy wonka train is gonna cause a big big pileup on the highway.

Rutger
Rutger
Posted at

Oompa Loompa Doopety Doo

Posted at

My wife got herself the forth frigging cat. These things crawl on me. Don´t get me wrong I normally like cats but that does not make me want to buy a pet store.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Air power and Armor is almost useless… :(
It looks that way… I think that armour is good for protecting troops when they need to be transported etc, and maybe assaulting and clearing transport routes and supply lines. Maybe it's a crap in a thick forest against scattered guerillas, but when they actually locate their bases of operations or want to move into a hostile village or whatever, then it's an ideal tool.

Rutger
Rutger
Posted at

My wife got herself the forth frigging cat. These things crawl on me. Don´t get me wrong I normally like cats but that does not make me want to buy a pet store.

We have three cats. I wouldn't mind one more though.

kyupol
kyupol
Posted at

It looks that way… I think that armour is good for protecting troops when they need to be transported etc, and maybe assaulting and clearing transport routes and supply lines. Maybe it's a crap in a thick forest against scattered guerillas, but when they actually locate their bases of operations or want to move into a hostile village or whatever, then it's an ideal tool.

When the base of operation gets located, it gets pounded for awhile by artillery or air strikes before then rebels scatter. Artillery could be from modded howitzers or naval bombardment.

Tanks are just given limited use though because of their high maintenance cost… and Philippine govt doesnt wanna lose them.

From what I've heard (this conflict in the Philippines gets LITTLE world media attention) during the last big war with the Islamic extremists, the govt claimed 53 dead and 220 wounded while rebels had at least 1000 casualties. While the rebels claimed they killed at least 20 tanks and downed 5 helicopters… and the government had at least 1000 casualties and a couple thousand wounded… These body counts are constantly exagerrated or denied by both sides. :( For propaganda purposes I suppose. All armies in all conflicts of the world like to do that.

Though what sucks about this war is its Filipinos killing Filipinos when we really got to worry about CHINA. China supports our local commie rebels while maintaining diplomacy with the government. Same thing they're doing in Burma.

China likes to talk about being sooo peaceful and being different from the USA but thats all just propaganda. They wanna invade Taiwan and take the Spratly Islands… but Spratlys are claimed by a few other southeast asian countries including some of China's allies like Vietnam.

Don't be fooled whenever China criticizes the USA for its "imperialism". They're all the same and they try to demonize each other with propaganda. USA likes to call China on the human rights in Tibet and Tianamen square, Falun Gong, etc… while China likes to criticize USA on Iraq, Afghanistan, Abu Gharib, etc…

Well… when a country gets too powerful they become arrogant powers. :(

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

That's true. It goes further though too: Every country does it. They're all on the intimidation ladder to varying degree. The bigger a country gets, the more countries it exercises it's power over. :(

Rutger
Rutger
Posted at

That's true. It goes further though too: Every country does it. They're all on the intimidation ladder to varying degree. The bigger a country gets, the more countries it exercises it's power over. :(

I guess we're an exception. Even though the Netherlands is like a tiny country, we've got quite some power, compared to other countries. I'd say it's probably because of the harbours in Rotterdam. It may also be the drugs. Who knows.

Posted at

The fact that we pay £3000 a year tuition fees reeeeeeally sucks
As does me having lost my mobile >_<

kyupol
kyupol
Posted at

I guess we're an exception. Even though the Netherlands is like a tiny country, we've got quite some power, compared to other countries. I'd say it's probably because of the harbours in Rotterdam. It may also be the drugs. Who knows.

I heard stories of Americans wanting to migrate there. Especially among the "there-is-such-a-big-conspiracy-USA-gonnabecomethirdworldcountry" crowd. :)

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

I guess we're an exception. Even though the Netherlands is like a tiny country
Well I meant "big" in terms of power. :) The Netherlands is at the heart of Europe, has hugely busy ports, a history of colonialism… And it works together with all of the older established members of the EU to exercise power over the newer members, and with all of the EU (a member of NATO too) it exercises power over every other country in the world including giants like China, the Russian federation, and the US to some extent.

Rutger
Rutger
Posted at

I guess we're an exception. Even though the Netherlands is like a tiny country
Well I meant "big" in terms of power. :) The Netherlands is at the heart of Europe, has hugely busy ports, a history of colonialism… And it works together with all of the older established members of the EU to exercise power over the newer members, and with all of the EU (a member of NATO too) it exercises power over every other country in the world including giants like China, the Russian federation, and the US to some extent.

You forgot the age-old traderelationship with Japan. The Dutch were the only ones allowed to trade with the Japanese for ages. They used to have a fort on an island just outside of Japan, through which all trade went. So basically, everyone had to go through us to get something from/to Japan for hundreds of years.

Posted at

Edit: Feeling better again.

Maybe I should stop doing this. XD

kyupol
kyupol
Posted at

I got to rant this out cuz I'm pissed off.

ONE MORE WEEK… (yes I quit my P/T job at the auto garage… I gave 2 weeks notice last week)

I'm so angry at this one guy I wanna beat his face into a bloody pulp and break both his arms and his neck. Not only will I beat his body but I'll fucking break his spirit. I'll break his spirit so much that he'll have to see a fucking psychiatrist for at least 6 months. I'll break his spirit so much that he'll have self-esteem problems relating socially.

I picture myself getting him in a rear-naked-choke or an armbar (I know a bit of brazilian jujitsu) and I'd be like "FUCK WHOSE THE FAGGOT BITCH NOW HUH?!? WHOS THE FAGGOT BITCH NOW?!?" And I wont let him go until he begs for mercy and says he's THE faggot bitch or until he's crying like a little kid. IN FRONT OF PUBLIC IN THE PARKING LOT!!! SO EVERYONE CAN SEE HOW THIS BITCHASS CRIES!!!

He's been talking shit again and trying to piss me off. (he's calling me 'crissy' and all kinds of shit girly names plus other loads of shit dissing my music… I know it kinda sounds stupid picking a fight over THAT but fuck lol! I just have this temptation… to get him hospitalized. )

Fucking… omg. I got a feeling he's just taunting me to a fight. I'll try to mouth him off and see how he'd take it. I got a history of annoying the fuck out of people in chatrooms and online games… I'd annoy him so bad I swear… :)

He MUST throw the first punch… so at least I'd have less legal troubles afterwards. :(

Or maybe I'd just wait… 1 MORE FUCKING WEEK!!! 1 MORE FUCKING WEEK AND I'LL NOT BE SEEING THIS ASSHOLE AGAIN… :(

lol omg… what a rant. lol

Rutger
Rutger
Posted at

Remember not to leave any fingerprints or stuff like that.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Yeah, let it go Kyupol. It's only words. If he's taunting you he's obviously some sub-intelligent moron. Just try and realise how incredibly funny that is: each time he tries to taunt you he's only proving how stupid he is. Laugh at the fool the way he deserves to be laughed at.

kyupol
kyupol
Posted at

tnx for the advice ozoneocean. :)

I'll try my best to keep my cool. 1 more week. Yes. 1 more week. God please give me more patience to keep my cool and forgive him. Because one more week I wont be seeing him anymore.

One time he taunted me saying he could kick my ass in a fight. When I told him in a calm manner that I dont plan to lose it was one of those "OOOOHHHHH" moments with everyone seeing it. It coulda been a scene in a comic where the hero gets taunted and he tells em off in a calm manner.

Then he came forward and tried to lecture me about how to fight… he was like "ooh… you have to hit here… there… yadda yadda" then he tried to punch me lightly in the middle of the chest. Perhaps an attempt to intimidate me.

I raised my left hand, therefore blocking it. Fuckin idiot thinks I can't fight just because I'm the quiet Asian dude. While I haven't been doing that MMA (mixed martial arts) thing for at least a year… I may have gotten slightly out of shape… gained a few pounds… but I still got my "fight instinct" (though slower reaction time lol).

Thats one of the bad things bout being Asian. Asians don't "look tough".

Or to keep me cool I could just imagine the aftermath of the fight when I'm at the police station when they question me about the fight.

Man it would probably be embarrassing telling the cops I beat the shit out of this guy over girly names and making fun of my music. lol! But at the same time I am itching to get an excuse to fight him. :(

Rutger
Rutger
Posted at

I thought it was stereotypical that everyone thinks Asians can fight. Even if they don't look though, it's generally assumed they all know karate and stuff.

Then again, I might just be influenced by the media.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

I think that's karate mythology from 80's movies… lol!

As for not looking tough though, Subcultured looks pretty damn tough to me.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.