Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Posted at

I'm super emotional tonight. About to go watch Jersey Shore (don't judge me) in which I'll probably start feeling really violent. Rolllerrrr coasttttaaaaaa….

Welcome back you too!

Thanks!

seventy2
seventy2
Posted at

Gosh, I've now got a new found respect for everyone with a job. I can't believe you guys can do the whole 9-5 routine. I'm getting into that sort of schedule for university and gosh dang it to heck, it's rough, especially with the oh so unreliable Underground. Then again, all I've done so far was play pool and made string from small bits of string, but still…

Then again, the nine thousand or so pounds I'm getting for my studies this year does soften the blow.

i hold respect as well. i work odd hours, then i have office hours. but i'm granted a lot of leniency (depending on the day) about what my actual hours are…
————-

I'm cocky. i need to work on that. i'm a stuck up arrogant ass, who likes to discuss himself. that's definitely something i need to change.

so, what's up with you?

Ironscarf
Ironscarf
Posted at

so, what's up with you?

Er, yeah, I'm good, thanks for asking. Bit of a cold coming on but I'm looking after the kids all weekend so I won't have time to feel like crap. They'll get me up at 5am then make me take them Wenzel's to buy Belgian buns.

—(mating call of the gay wildebeast)

Wish I'd paid attention in physics class instead of listening to Paul Buzby's jokes at the back: you can make really great old style fuzz boxes (things that make guitars go grrzzzzzzzzzznnnnnnnnnaaaawwwwweeoooo…) really cheap with just a little knowledge. If you buy new ones, they call them 'vintage boutique stompboxes' and charge the earth. Sometimes they'll even give them a stoopid name and add in the cost of the moon.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Sometimes they'll even give them a stoopid name and add in the cost of the moon.
You just KNOW some graphic designer thinks he's a genius for coming up with that design, with it's Goodies style lettering there…Looks like something made by Graham Garden for Bill Oddie on the TV show. :)

I knew a guy like that, he was SOOOOooo proud of the simplistic 50s-60s style fuzzbox he designed and had made- That was at a time when that whole Ren and Stimpy type 50s-60s ironic nostalgic revival in design thing was IN and it was really giving me the shits.

—————————–
I'm tried and my brain isn't working well. Time for a nap. -_-

ayesinback
ayesinback
Posted at

This is a good thing, but I'm a bundle of nerves. After Years of embarrassment, we're finally going to address the sorry place known as our kitchen. But with a decision to say good-bye to $$$$$$$ I'm trying not to freak about stuff like: what if we choose the wrong thing? What if we spend all this and it looks stupid when we're done?

So Lame! I guess I'm just not use to spending serious money. I'd never make it in government

Genejoke
Genejoke
Posted at

So Lame! I guess I'm just not use to spending serious money. I'd never make it in government

If only people in government had such qualms.

gullas
gullas
Posted at

*is making a new comic, details soon to follow…*

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

Sometimes they'll even give them a stoopid name and add in the cost of the moon.
You just KNOW some graphic designer thinks he's a genius for coming up with that design, with it's Goodies style lettering there…Looks like something made by Graham Garden for Bill Oddie on the TV show. :)

Now that is an obscure reference. The theme song pops into my head and the image of that cat attacking London.

My physical therapist surprised me the other day by singing a few bars of the "Lees of Old Virginia" from the musical 1776. And he actually read David McCullough's biographies. I know they were best sellers but I never knew anyone actually read them.

Americans just buy non-fiction non-diet/self-help books/political polemics to show them off to their friends. Sure they'll read Liberty and Tyranny or Rush Limbaugh is a Big Fat idiot but a 700 page biography of John Adams? Wow.

Niccea
Niccea
Posted at

So. After almost a month after being let go at the library, I finally got a job interview… as a Beauty Advisor at Macy's. I'm pretty sure I won't get the job, but it is nice to know that someone is looking at my applications.

Why I will most likely not end up with this job:

I don't wear makeup
I don't know much about makeup
And I'm a tomboy.

But it will be good practice.

I just got a mani/pedi so I can at least look the part.

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

So. After almost a month after being let go at the library, I finally got a job interview… as a Beauty Advisor at Macy's. I'm pretty sure I won't get the job, but it is nice to know that someone is looking at my applications.

Why I will most likely not end up with this job:

I don't wear makeup
I don't know much about makeup
And I'm a tomboy.

But it will be good practice.

I just got a mani/pedi so I can at least look the part.

If it's for the holiday build you'll spend most of your time spraying people with perfume as they walk by. Most cosmetics mavens are usually over made up anyway, it'd be a change of pace to see one natural looking. (as we used to call them when I worked in Macy*s < notice it's not an apostrophe but a star lol! We're a part of your life… forever…)

Maybe I should go back. The Men's Store tagline: You want a tie with that?

Skullbie
Skullbie
Posted at

So with that gift credit thing i won i got:
-7 xbox games
-1 ds game
-Oral-b toothbrush(those expensive ones)
-dexter season 3
-hung season 1
-Glee season 1
-trueblood season 2

Sucks the credits didn't go towards consoles and other electronics though =_= I would have loved to buy a kindle for my mom, and another DS for myself. Oh well got a shitton of free stuff regardless.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

With the new DD update coming up, they want to know how they can market DD to more creators and stuff and show off the new changes.

Any suggestions for community events, contests or promotions?
Even through other sites maybe… Like Deviant Art?

Niccea
Niccea
Posted at

Sorry Oz. Been thinking for almost two hours (well thinking about it during a two hour period of time where I may or may not have been engaged in other activities) and I got nothing. Because I found out about Drunk Duck through word of mouth. One day, for grins I thought I would make a comic strip and one of the people I showed it to directed me here. So I don't know much about advertising or what has been done in the past to get upward of 100,000 members here.

But, I can say, that if I can, I volunteer to help out if anything gets decided.

Skullbie
Skullbie
Posted at

With the new DD update coming up, they want to know how they can market DD to more creators and stuff and show off the new changes.

Any suggestions for community events, contests or promotions?
Even through other sites maybe… Like Deviant Art?
I found out about a few other comic host sites through PW ads. One had a very well drawn picture that was the mascot of the site(the mascot was cool…almost like a video game hero*hint*y'know not a duck*hint*). And another used images from comics they hosted.

I think the comic one worked well because it's like "Hey we host these quality comics, i bet yours would fit in well too".

DD is also known for having the best community out of all the free comics hosts so i'd probably play that up. getting comments and feedback is a big draw. :)

Red Slayer
Red Slayer
Posted at

During cons it would be fun if the guys could organize art themed contests and stream them like the 24 hour comic day.

Like a contest tv show for artists and illustrators.

I would love to see Ozone fighting Katch with a giant foam brush a la american gladiators.

That would gather a lot of attention for sure.

Posted at

k, so. My shoulder feels better, but now I have a problem with my forearms. They've been in a lot of pain for about a week, and I've been taking stuff to help get rid of it. I looked it up, and apparently I need to start working out my forearms, because my biceps/triceps are so much stronger than my forearms. Which means when I lift the weights, the strain gets put on my forearms, and leaves them with a burning sensation that I can't seem to shake.

————————————

So I watched about 3 minutes of that "Video Games" song Lefarce just had to post. It is now stuck in my head. An annoying 12 year old's voice is stuck in my head. Saddest part is, the kid is singing about what I probably would have sang about. Because around that I age, I was the same way.

————————————

I also finished penciling Mission 0 last night. It looks really good, and flows well, so I'm extremely happy. I'll go over it again today, because it was at night and I was tired and stuff, so I may have made a mistake. But after they are corrected/fixed, I can start inking~

Also, Skullbie, am completely jealous of those credits or gettin dem free things. I just want to say good job, but I'm not completely sure why.

Posted at

Well, I got paid. Strangely, I got paid about 100$ more than I expected (I guess working all Saturdays does pay off in the end) so I went out and did some big shopping. After getting a pile of food, rechargeable batteries with a charger, liquid soap, some easy to cook dessert stuffs, sugar, multivitamin/mineral pills, aspirin, underwear and something to stop my feet from sweating so much (it was starting to get pretty bad at work) + some other things… I have spent that 100$ in one day! Damn!

I still need to buy a new pair of pants, a metric fucktonne of noodles and few other small things…

- - -

Speaking of work, first off Saturday since I returned to work, yay!
Maybe if I'm lucky I'll even find the time to draw something on Sunday!
Also, speaking of Yay's, I have sold my first copy of the new comic :D

ayesinback
ayesinback
Posted at

OK, so about this kitchen thing, my husband and I met "Joe" yesterday. Joe told us that our budget wasn't enough because we didn't know what we wanted because we hadn't heard what amazing ideas HE might have for our kitchen. We'll probably need a bank loan in addition to the budget we have. We don't, he told us, want to have to tell someone that we didn't do something because we hadn't thought about it. He'll make sure that he'd think of everything. That wall? we don't need it. Weight bearing? Put in a header. And don't you know that everyone entertains now, so you need to have your sink in the middle of the kitchen. Like everyone does now.

I've been mentally abused by a kitchen designer.

Genejoke
Genejoke
Posted at

Your budget wasn't enough to pay him the amount he wants you to pay him to rape your kitchen.

ayesinback
ayesinback
Posted at

Your budget wasn't enough to pay him the amount he wants you to pay him to rape your kitchen.
True. True. I spent time with a kitchenophile. But didn't pay a dime. Not a red cent!!!!
I got abused for free.

Katch
Katch
Posted at

Is busier than EVER but is still too lazy to make a comic page =w=
hmmmmm…..

Ironscarf
Ironscarf
Posted at

True. True. I spent time with a kitchenophile. But didn't pay a dime. Not a red cent!!!!
I got abused for free.

Whatever happens, don't let that guy loose in your kitchen! Aside from the fact that he's going to charge you more than you can afford for all the features you didn't want, he's trying to give you the model 90's kitchen!

I suppose you could always rent it out to film companies as a 90's style set when he's done but is it worth it? Think of the chaos those Coen brothers would create while you're trying to dice carrots.

lba
lba
Posted at

OK, so about this kitchen thing, my husband and I met "Joe" yesterday. Joe told us that our budget wasn't enough because we didn't know what we wanted because we hadn't heard what amazing ideas HE might have for our kitchen. We'll probably need a bank loan in addition to the budget we have. We don't, he told us, want to have to tell someone that we didn't do something because we hadn't thought about it. He'll make sure that he'd think of everything. That wall? we don't need it. Weight bearing? Put in a header. And don't you know that everyone entertains now, so you need to have your sink in the middle of the kitchen. Like everyone does now.

I've been mentally abused by a kitchen designer.

Ditch him. The moment any dumbass interior artchitect says anything about removing a load-bearing wall, you need to get rid of him. You cannot believe the headaches an idiot like this can cause. I work with an entire department of them at the school, and I am constantly pointing out that removing that particular pillar they hate so much will result in a metric fuckton of concrete falling on everyone's head.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.