Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
blntmaker
blntmaker
Posted at

Narnia.

Narnia? Someone needs to come out of the closet!

I'm originally from San Diego, CA - born and raised.

Now, I'm living in Pasadena, CA (Los Angeles Area).

When I see Fern, I plan to find out what set(s) he claims!

BetaJess
BetaJess
Posted at

Austin, Texas! I've lived here my whole life!

No I don't have a Texas accent.

Posted at

I'm from Puerto Rico, but we moved to the US. I lived in PR for eleven years and never even knew racism existed until we moved to the States. We got scared into the corner (Florida) and we've lived there ever since. :)

amanda
amanda
Posted at

Austin, Texas! I've lived here my whole life! No I don't have a Texas accent.
Me too! Except for the brief stints in Dallas and Wichita Falls. And yes you do - but only when you say "bad." ^.^ I used to not have an accent, but I'm developing one.

mattchee
mattchee
Posted at

California!

Grew up in the Bay (peninsula!).

Moved to the North Coast.

Currently living on the Central Coast…

Posted at

Rah to the Central Coast, I live in Seaside now!

Posted at

Seattle.

I don't think, in my entire forum posting history (not that there's much, that is :) ), I've ever seen anyone mention that they're from Washington.

…I'm not alone here, am I? ._.

You most certainly are not.

I lived in Minnesota most of my life, but then decided that Minnesota is mind-numbingly boring and moved to Washington for college instead. One of the greatest choices I ever made.

BetaJess
BetaJess
Posted at

Me too! Except for the brief stints in Dallas and Wichita Falls. And yes you do - but only when you say "bad." ^.^ I used to not have an accent, but I'm developing one.

What? Meh meh meh meh meh…

dueeast
dueeast
Posted at

I generally only have one when I'm doing an impression of a Texan (or a Southerner).

As a 2nd generation Austinite myself, I have the right to do that, so nyah! lol!

Also, if I'm talking to someone that has a real thick Texan accent, I might lapse into one (temporarily).

What? Meh meh meh meh meh…

BetaJess
BetaJess
Posted at

I generally only have one when I'm doing an impression of a Texan (or a Southerner).

As a 2nd generation Austinite myself, I have the right to do that, so nyah! lol!

Also, if I'm talking to someone that has a real thick Texan accent, I might lapse into one (temporarily).

We, the people of Austin, should get together and have coffee or something.

YES! Party it up! We need to make all the other DDers jealous that we live here. I mean, it IS one of the best places to live EVAR!

Posted at

We, the people of Austin, should get together and have coffee or something.

YES! Party it up! We need to make all the other DDers jealous that we live here. I mean, it IS one of the best places to live EVAR!
Alas, I would disagree as it isn't hot enough for me there :P

Winnipeg, Manitoba is more my kind of heat.

lucky7s76
lucky7s76
Posted at

You most certainly are not.

I lived in Minnesota most of my life, but then decided that Minnesota is mind-numbingly boring and moved to Washington for college instead. One of the greatest choices I ever made.

Good! I was beginning to worry. lol! Me… I'm a Washingtonian, born and raised. :)

OfftheGrid
OfftheGrid
Posted at

Why hellooooo my fellow Austinites! Ive been in Austin for quite a while now. Graduated from UT about 5 years ago and Ive been hangin out here ever since. My buddies even rub a music blog at http://austintownhall.com/ and I've been postin my comics there too. Nice to meet yall!

lemon_king
lemon_king
Posted at

Ohio, US. Land of…..corn.

Same.

Northwest Ohio. The city of Napoleon.
Heh, nobody can even find the town…

BetaJess
BetaJess
Posted at

Why hellooooo my fellow Austinites! Ive been in Austin for quite a while now. Graduated from UT about 5 years ago and Ive been hangin out here ever since. My buddies even rub a music blog at http://austintownhall.com/ and I've been postin my comics there too. Nice to meet yall!

ANOTHER AUSTINITE! AMANDA, GRAB HIM!

usedbooks
usedbooks
Posted at

Well, I just moved in with my parents. So, I guess I'm no longer a West Virginian. I'm a west Virginian. Eh. I'm moving the opposite direction that I want to be. Born and raised in West Virginia, but I feel like a New Englander. Someone take me north! I'm going to die out here in the tobacco fields!

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Hey, that's not fair… :(
You guys just mentioning your state or city while the rest of us non U.S. people list our countries.

Well I don't know where Ohio, Nevada, Nebraska, Wyoming or all the rest of it is… Except they all feature in various old cowboy movies :)

usedbooks
usedbooks
Posted at

Hey, that's not fair… :(
You guys just mentioning your state or city while the rest of us non U.S. people list our countries.
You're welcome to list cities and provinces/territories too. ^_^ Perhaps it is you being unfair for assuming Americans don't know any geography. (Okay, so most of us don't. I could look it up.) Somehow, I feel like saying "Virginia, USA" would insult people's intelligence.

I wouldn't list a city anyway. I recently moved from the biggest city in West Virginia. I guarantee that most Americans haven't heard of it. (Or hadn't until they released a movie set there a year or so ago. :-P ) Actually, my dad met a postal worker in Tennessee who didn't know West Virginia was a state.

amanda
amanda
Posted at

Heh, fair enough, Ozone. I'm from the United States! As a bit of trivia, I read that when Americans go overseas, and someone asks where they're from, they say "from America" or "from the US" or something. Unless they're from Texas. Then the majority forego the country completely and just say "Texas." ^.^

Posted at

Just for you Ozone:http://www.mapsofworld.com/usa/usa-maps/world-map-usa-political-enlarge-view.gif

But please don't think I've missed the point entirely. I would actually like to here more details than, "Australia." It's a big-ass place.

And yes Texans do say Texas. Texas is not a true part of the US. I like to think of Texas the same way I think of Puerto Rico, it's American, but not quite part of the union.

On a related note, have you noticed that folks from the USA refer to themselves and their production as "American," claiming the entirety of two continents. Wouldn't United Statesian be better?

OfftheGrid
OfftheGrid
Posted at

ANOTHER AUSTINITE! AMANDA, GRAB HIM!

I'll get his legs!

Oh no! They've caught me! Help, they're grabbing my legs!…

On second thought, I'm kinda enjoying this. :)

amanda
amanda
Posted at

Wouldn't United Statesian be better?
Probably - but that's too many syllables for most of us knuckle-draggers.
On second thought, I'm kinda enjoying this.
lol!

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.