Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Comic Talk and General Discussion *
pv_chan
pv_chan
Posted at

I work in a fish nutrition research lab to determine the best ingredients and feeds to feed the fishes, btw, almost all the fish on the market are grown in fish farms across the world, caught fish are fed the pigs and chicken babies. We also use the fish to re-stock lakes where some fish species populations are struggling (but that's done by farms not my lab).

That's my job for now, I want to eventually become a vet :P but really who knows what the future will bring, maybe I'll end up a house wife with 50 kidletts lol!!

Croi Dhubh
Croi Dhubh
Posted at

House wives are rare creatures these days. Not because it's wrong, but the cost of living is so high in most places it's almost impractical to do so.

I have a job. My experiences are guy standing naked on the front lawn holding a 7MM rifle with a 5x scope, multiple traffic accidents, wrestling people to the ground, lots of paper work, a damn load of investigation, and dealing with people during the worst moments of their life. Guess what I do? Yeah, I'm a "paper pusher" for the city *wink wink*

Outside of that, I also do video and graphical advertising and web design. Programs I'm familiar with are Quark, Illustrator, Flash, Photoshop, Vegas 6.0 Professional, Studio Professional, Audicity, Fruity Loops, Word, Power Point, Excel, Outlook, Outlook Express, FrontPage, and things like that. Oh, and former Military Police with the Army.

Posted at

Press monkey.

I work for a printing company running a "digital press" AKA glorified color copier. Previously in the form of a Kodak Nexpress that we're now replacing with an HP Indigo.

Before that I was (in order) a stock crew chief, stock boy, telemarketer, and worked at an art store doing pretty much everything but payroll.

EDIT: I miss having a job where I can do my hair and nails purple…but printing folks are, as I've come to learn, more notoriously bigoted "good old boys" than people I've worked with on loading docks. So no purple hair since I've been at this job.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

I don't like having a job with regular hours… Routine kills me. -_-

seventy2
seventy2
Posted at

I don't like having a job with regular hours… Routine kills me. -_-

would you like my job?

yesterday i woke up at 4 am, and worked straight to 2pm, today i'm up at 430, until ??? and tomorrow i'm going into work at 2 pm. who knows on thursday and friday….

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Yep, sounds good to me. As long as I have every other day off…
I used to love working like that. :(

c_arnold
c_arnold
Posted at

I just copy/pasted most of this from my profile. I am presently a student studying Digital Design & Computer Graphics & additionally taking drawing courses. Wild as it may seem, I do hope to be able to generate a modest income upon graduating for myself either illustrating, playing music, or maybe even writing. Honestly, I wouldn't particularly mind it being a combination of any of the three. I'm not concerned in the least that before any of the previously stated skills, or abilities, allow me to accomplish that task, I'll have to continue to work a 9 to 5 job like most folks. Other than that, I am a Terran bio-mass often referred to as a Human Being. However, I support myself presently by working about two part-time jobs with some writing and graphic design freelancing on top. I'd rather not say what they are, but they all fortunately pay regularly, and steadily enough to help me keep a roof over my head, clothes on my back, food in my stomach, and very much out of debt.

Posted at

Future Generational Attitude Adjustment Officer

(Teacher)
… well sort of… I teach Cartoon Art at Primary schools and have done so for over 15 years now. I do it Extra-Curricular so only work one hour a day at it, unless I am getting a new school started, then I teach all day for free for a few days…
…It's been good though… supported a family of three, been my own boss etc…

seventy2
seventy2
Posted at

Yep, sounds good to me. As long as I have every other day off…
I used to love working like that. :(

saturdays and sundays and (almost)all american national holidays. depends on your location at the time of said national holidays. and the occasional birthday, but i've spent my birthdays places where i can't take days off.

Katsu
Katsu
Posted at

House wives are rare creatures these days. Not because it's wrong, but the cost of living is so high in most places it's almost impractical to do so.

I've never thought of housewives as rare creatures, or myself as one. (o_O) But I understand the reasons why.

I didn't try to become one when I was in school, it just happened. I hold a B.A. in both Cultural Anthropology and Japanese language and culture studies from a big ten university. Comics have been my hobby since 7th grade. I hope one day to be a published writer/illustrator. (^_~)v

Croi Dhubh
Croi Dhubh
Posted at

I've never thought of housewives as rare creatures, or myself as one. (o_O) But I understand the reasons why.

I didn't try to become one when I was in school, it just happened. I hold a B.A. in both Cultural Anthropology and Japanese language and culture studies from a big ten university. Comics have been my hobby since 7th grade. I hope one day to be a published writer/illustrator. (^_~)v
You sound frighteningly like someone I know, only she isn't married *L*

Posted at

I work part time in a Pizza Restaurant/Ice Cream Parlor/ Bar. I spend thirty five hours a week(average) doing this. Lots of cute servers to observe and the pay and tips are good. I also do some graphic Design when something falls into my lap…assuming I am not being lazy and putting it off till the end of summer…

Wills42
Wills42
Posted at

I… I'm a courtesy clerk at my local grocery store… I bag stuff, put food things back, bring in carts, take out trash, yadadadadada.

Minimum Wage: FTL

Posted at

I'm a Pastry Chef who is currently between jobs, it sucks, as much as i hated it while i was working (for not being able to stay at home) i hate being stuck at home even more, Cause theres nothing to do.

worstcase
worstcase
Posted at

I am a Referee, and am about to do some part time modeling(not real modeling, oil painting modeling for head studies). Reffing sucks. The pay is good, but dealing with the parents that hate your guts, the jerky athletes(or stupid athletes) and the mean coaches makes it suck. But the pay and the occasional nice and civilized human being makes it doable.

a_star
a_star
Posted at

Erm, I'm a full-time college student. Also I do illustrations for websites and pamphlets and stuff, some tutoring (English), and I'm an actress but I'm not working on anything right now (still get residuals, though). In the past I've worked in a comic book store and before that as a gopher in an architectural firm. The illustrating has made me the most money by far, though work is far between. I don't have a lot of time for much else, though. Money is starting to get tight so I guess I'll have to figure something else out. Part-timer at starbucks anyone?

kyupol
kyupol
Posted at

I work for mossad.

Mr V
Mr V
Posted at

I'm a primary school teacher fronting a grade three/four class. They keep me young and on my toes and don't mess up too much because they recognise when they're on a good thing.

lastcall
lastcall
Posted at

I design book covers at a publishing company. It's the first "artsy" job I've had, as opposed to all my other jobs of answering phones or lifting boxes or tending to grumpy customers. I love it.

Posted at

i have lots of jops so im gonna say what i am::: im a member @ dd! surprise i know+a secret celeb shhh dont tell+a student ikr this jop sucks my salary is like 0.0$ n i always get this grade D+ only in my bests..lol..jaykay

Posted at

im a nurse at a physical rehab hospital. i work 12 hour shifts and i get dog tired sometimes.

Koshou
Koshou
Posted at

I'm a babysitter.

…yeah. that's not really a job is it. >>

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.