Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

Rant, moan, rave and share - for all your chatter, natter, ETCETERA!

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

Tantz Aerine wrote:
I tried watching The Dark Knight Rises. 

I got so bored I nearly fell asleep. Does that make me a horrible person? XD
Any movie can put me to sleep if I'm tired enough.  There are plenty of times where non-stop action and explosions can be as sleep-inducing as tiresome talking heads.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

bravo1102 wrote:
 There are plenty of times where non-stop action and explosions can be as sleep-inducing as tiresome talking heads.
Yep! Every time.
There's really no difference… When what you're watching/listening to blends into one thing there's nothing to focus on so you drift off.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Sorry seamen comics, its nice that you've joined us here, but your post was clearly innapropriate and extremely spammy so I deleted it.
Please look around the place a bit more first and work out better ways to join in or promote yourself.

Posted at

kyupol wrote:
On one hand, I am criticized by the politically correct liberal left… as having an extremist rightwing agenda… but on the other hand, I am criticized by the boneheaded christians for my comic being of the devil. 
*sigh  What will I do.  Cant win.  LMAO!!!
I think it's nearly impossible to please everybody, so just forget both parties and have fun doing what you want to do. :)

Posted at

Wooo dd award nominations are announced! Lots of great comics and people on those lists! And finally for once I have a comic in the running, haha. :]

Niccea still needs volunteers for the awards! More judges and more presentation comics! She can't do it all herself, if you can even help judge one category it's very useful!

Lonnehart
Lonnehart
Posted at

bravo1102 wrote:
The officer has to have a medical type release him for duty.  But if he pulls rank and just takes over like Decker did then the other officers take to the ship's doctor questioning his fitness for command.

In other words, Star Trek was surprisingly accurate as far as such militry niceties go because so many in the production staff were former military. They'd also ask serving military for their opinions.  Or at least according to the production notes.
Lemme see if I understand this right (I'm not a Navy person so I'm a greenhorn when it comes to their regs).  If a traumatized high ranking officer takes over your ship and uses it in a suicidal attack against the enemy that killed his crew, nothing short of a mutiny will stop him from getting your ship destroyed and your own crew killed?

ayesinback
ayesinback
Posted at

Hello good Drunk Ducks!

So much stuff has been happening, but today, when I was using a new hair dye (from a trusted manufacturer) and I walked away for the 20 mins of the initial set time, leaving the dye bottle upside down on top of the instructions page - on top of an old towel - so the remaining dye for the second application would settle into the tip (like I usually do) and found, when I returned, that the dye had EATEN THROUGH THE PAPER …

well, I knew my friends here would Talk Me Down.  (a few levels of skull cell loss never hurt no one - right?).  At least the color is ni-er-cs?  find, er - fine

———————— (this means something to do with wildebeests)
@Genejoke - nice to see you posting and congrats on the job.  I hope you're liking it!  What is it?

I've been noticing over the last couple of months that there's this Wall.  And, as bad as the handwriting is - it do have writing on it.  What I can make out, well, it's not too good.  I haven't had to job hunt in 18 years, and it raises almost all emotions (except the happy ones).

I'd like to believe that this is an opportunity (maybe that skull loss will help me with this).  That now I can do something fun.  What do you think?  Should I try to look into voice acting?  -I don't even now where I'd start-  
The thing with this community is that it can be Very supportive, and I've heard some nice things about my "voices" - but that can be 90% because people are just being nice.

*shakesfist - sighs- smilesatallthosenicepeople*

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

No, seriously Ayes, you have pretty amazing voice talent. You can do some amazing different voices.
As for how to start, There are websites where you can submit vocal portfolio things… You can also send your stuff to agents too.
And there's always advice on the web:
-http://www.wikihow.com/Become-a-Voice-Actor/Voiceover-Artist
I don't think you need the training part, just the job part. :)

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

Lonnehart wrote:
bravo1102 wrote:
The officer has to have a medical type release him for duty.  But if he pulls rank and just takes over like Decker did then the other officers take to the ship's doctor questioning his fitness for command. 

In other words, Star Trek was surprisingly accurate as far as such militry niceties go because so many in the production staff were former military. They'd also ask serving military for their opinions.  Or at least according to the production notes.

Lemme see if I understand this right (I'm not a Navy person so I'm a greenhorn when it comes to their regs).  If a traumatized high ranking officer takes over your ship and uses it in a suicidal attack against the enemy that killed his crew, nothing short of a mutiny will stop him from getting your ship destroyed and your own crew killed?
Uh no, you go to the ship's doctor and say Decker's unfit to command.   That he may see it as mutiny is a red flag that he may not be fit for command as paranoia is not a good command trait again as depicted in the show.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

HOLD ON TO YOUR PRIVATES PEOPLE!
(no Bravo, the other sort of privates)
Pinky TA has finally updated with a new page. - http://www.pinkyta.com/
This is huge news, exactly equivalent to winning every gold medal in the entire Olympic games.

Do you get what I'm saying? I'm basically the same thing as the most amazing Olympic athlete who has ever lived. I've just proved this through logic, so it's true.

So read Pinky TA, not Harkovast. Because Harkovast has fleas. Pinky doesn't, because she showers.
Sometimes.

——

Yeah, that was a bit spammy wasn't it? Still, not as bad as that seamen guy. I have work to do on stuff now… don't forget to hold on to your privates though! It's fun :)

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

ozoneocean wrote:
HOLD ON TO YOUR PRIVATES PEOPLE!
(no Bravo, the other sort of privates)

She's real lance corporal in the British Army and finalist for Miss England.  In the US Army a lance corporal is a Private First Class.
Priviledge of rank is I don't have to hold my own privates with privates like this around.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

OK, I'll hold on to their privates instead.

Posted at

Done with my DD Awards obligations… I feel so accomplished. XD

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

Tantz Aerine wrote:
I haven't even started … so I feel so typical.

Lonnehart
Lonnehart
Posted at

Got that weird dream again… about a guy who despises law.  He hates it so much that he had dedicated his life to breaking every single law everywhere.  Then he's told about the law of Gravity which he CANNOT break.  To prove everyone wrong he goes to a cliff, gives Mother Nature the finger, then jumps off believing he can will himself to break the law of Gravity.  Then he finds out that Mother Nature can be a real bi.. er… um…

Let's just say there's a reason no one has attempted to directly defy Mother Nature.

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

Lonnehart wrote:
Got that weird dream again… about a guy who despises law.  He hates it so much that he had dedicated his life to breaking every single law everywhere.  Then he's told about the law of Gravity which he CANNOT break.  To prove everyone wrong he goes to a cliff, gives Mother Nature the finger, then jumps off believing he can will himself to break the law of Gravity.  Then he finds out that Mother Nature can be a real bi.. er… um…

Let's just say there's a reason no one has attempted to directly defy Mother Nature.
Cue Roadrunner music.  Something very similar was used in the Roadrunner cartoons.  When the coyote and roadrunner go off a cliff the coyote asks the roadrunner why it doesn't fall when standing in mid air what about the law of gravity?  The roadrunner replies "I never studied law"

In a later flashback cartoon the baby roadrunner hands the baby coyote a book on the Law of Gravity so the next time he runs off the cliff he does fall. 

Lesson?  Unless you have a battery of Star Trek script writers making up the laws of physics as they go along you can't break the laws of phsyics.

Genejoke
Genejoke
Posted at

bravo1102 wrote:
Tantz Aerine wrote:
 I haven't even started … so I feel so typical.
I've done some of mine.  Got a lot on as usual so not getting things done as quick as I'd like.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Heh, so the trouble is the broader application of the word "law" and the different meaning it has for civil, community and political matters, VS its use as a description of natural phenomena, facts of life, and the abstract mathematical principals that describe and represent them.

—–

Soooo tired and sleepy today… ugh, I hate it. Sleeeeeeeeeepy.

I went indoor rockclimbing the other day for the first time ever! I've always wanted to try that.I knew it wouldn't be very hard because I lost any fear of heights years ago and can climb like a gecko.
And so it wasn't. The only issue I has was fatigue. I'm slim but not fit. I made only about 4 different climbs and one only half way because it just tired me out… But then I do tend to race up as fast as possible and not pace myself…
My reach is shorter than most of the taller men there and my grip isn't as strong or as crafty as the regulars at this stage either, so those are limiting factors on how well I can climb and how fast I get exhausted too.
-There was one stage where I had to climb horizontally along the wall for about 3 and a half meters looking for rocks I could reach to go higher!

The most fun and easy part is the way down! You get lowered on a rope harness, so now :)
When I've climbed roofs, tall tress and rocks there's never been a rope. Coming down is far, far harder in every possible way, than going up. That really is exhausting.

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

So off on another site I was described thus:

He's one of the finest, grumpiest most cynical people in the known universe.
I like it. 

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Skulbie and Comic Fury?
JUst a shot in the dark there…

You know one of the things I think when doing Mecha battle scenes in my comic?
-WWBD: What Would Bravo Do. It's become my way of scaling back on the silly hollywoodisims of hyper massive explosions… not making weaponry more powerful than it should be, thinking about the structural strength and armour of my mecha like they were real tanklike machines.

Still highly unrealistic of course, in every single way possible, but it does make things better by having that voice make me rethink things a bit.

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

ozoneocean wrote:
Skulbie and Comic Fury?
JUst a shot in the dark there…

You know one of the things I think when doing Mecha battle scenes in my comic?
-WWBD: What Would Bravo Do. It's become my way of scaling back on the silly hollywoodisims of hyper massive explosions…
Not Skulbie but Ironscarf's current incarnation.  He's been reinventing himself ala the old TV series the Fall and Rise of Reginald Perrin. I mentioned my current economic straits and he said it.

The only inner creative voice I have left is Jay Sherman who constantly repeats "IT STINKS!"  My muse has abandoned me because I took to ignoring her as I didn't want to keep running around scribbling new ideas for new stories all the time when I have the current piece of garbage to wade through.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Scarf… hmm.

I dunno why, but by about 9 at night at the moment, I get deathly fatigued… often a lot earlier. I seem to need waaaay more sleep at the moment.
Even going to bed at the super early time of 12 or 130am doesn't work! Lucky it's the weekend, I can sleep in tomorrow!

Current page of pinky TA is going very well. It's over 4 thousand pixels wide and 20 thousand high… It's a large page. It'll be shrunk to a bit less than a quarter of that size when it's done though.
Still the numbers are one thing I have to brag about since that's probably the most significant thing about the page at the stage, apart from it being a fitting end to the chapter and a good end to the series, for now.

Lonnehart
Lonnehart
Posted at

Started playing Mass Effect again, starting with the original ME1.  Again with my version of Shepard… the guy who tragically lost his family during a Batarian raid, then nearly his entire unit on Akuze.  Going Renegade should be fun.  After all… he's lost everything, therefore he has nothing to lose.  Right?

I guess I should say this about stories like Mass Effect.  A good beginning and a good ending might be great for a story, but it's the journey from beginning to end that is the most interesting thing about the story.  The things a character goes through, the decisions he/she makes… and all of this goes into what decides what ending a character will get in a story.  It's just… interesting…

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Lonne- that's a long road to walk down.

————

I've been mildly down for a few days now, but keeping to myself has helped a lot.

Lonnehart
Lonnehart
Posted at

ozoneocean wrote:
Lonne- that's a long road to walk down.

————

I've been mildly down for a few days now, but keeping to myself has helped a lot.
I agree.  Especially with all three games.  Just finished the first game though at level 59.  And also finished getting Solus in ME2.  I'm pretty sure all three Mass Effect games put together equals one long Final Fantasy game… could be longer though…

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.