Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

Rant, moan, rave and share - for all your chatter, natter, ETCETERA!

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Senile old monkey… Who knew old Batman was your real identity???? o_O

Lonnehart
Lonnehart
Posted at

Heh… thanks for that image, Ozone.  If I design another giant robot, I'll make sure it looks more like a belt buckle than that…  Maybe that's why Combattler was never brought here…  you know how American animation editors are sensitive about that sort of stuff for "moral" reasons.  It's also probably why most anime that I see "produced" by the US long ago seemed so cut up and disjointed… like how some scenes don't make any sense.

Yeah… cut out all the blood and excessive violence and viola… a kid's show!

Oddly enough, the violence in the show was the reason why Philippine "President" Marcos cancelled Voltes V(5).  However, for other people it was a representation of the situation there with him as the evil and cowardly alien dictator and Voltes V as the one who could defeat him and free all his empire's "slaves"…

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

What is? Rock?
Noooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;_;

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

As long as WNEW 102.7FM plays rock, rock will live… oh wait they're hip hop now.  Yeah , Rock is dead, rock is dead… LONG live ROCK

I meant this forum.  Everyone has flown to greener and gayer climes and we few, we happy few… yeah right.

Screw Harkovast, read Robofemoids.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Hello mah baby
Hello mah honey
Hello mah ragtime gal…

…is what I'll say when my casket is opened amid the deserted ruins of what was once DD. :)
While doing a special little dance routine.

Ironscarf
Ironscarf
Posted at

ozoneocean wrote:
Hello mah baby
Hello mah honey
Hello mah ragtime gal…

…is what I'll say when my casket is opened amid the deserted ruins of what was once DD. :)
While doing a special little dance routine.

If ever a scene deserved to become an animated movie, this is it.

gullas
gullas
Posted at

bravo1102 wrote:
As long as WNEW 102.7FM plays rock, rock will live… oh wait they're hip hop now.  Yeah , Rock is dead, rock is dead… LONG live ROCK

I meant this forum.  Everyone has flown to greener and gayer climes and we few, we happy few… yeah right.

Posted at

Shooting has started of a short action and espionage film that I wrote the script for! Eeeeeee! I'm so happy and it looks already very promising! :D

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

gullas wrote:
bravo1102 wrote:

We prefer the term unorthadox.  It's only heresy if you're orthadox.  I'm not so it's not heresy.
Screw Harkovast, read Robofemoids.  It gots nekkid dollz.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Heresy is better than hearsay at least. They were a fricken AWFUL group!

Ironscarf wrote:
If ever a scene deserved to become an animated movie, this is it.

One person at least used to call me "Froggy" back in highschool…

Tantz Aerine wrote:
Shooting has started of a short action and espionage film that I wrote the script for! Eeeeeee! I'm so happy and it looks already very promising! :D

Yay! Congrats Tantz, that's really cool news!

—————-

This is something for Skool and Lonne- Behold, Pinky Shepard:

gullas
gullas
Posted at

ozoneocean wrote:

Woa, your Pinky looks just like a younger version of one of my teachers! A bit scary…

same
same
Posted at

I've spent the past while gathering work together to get into a graphic design course. Now that I got accepted and filled out loan forms I've just realized… I haven't got a damn clue what I want to do with it.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Use the time to play around with all those computers and programs the school lets you have access to and create something cool. :)

————

I stayed up till 5am getting the Quackcast edited down last night… It should be pretty funny. :)
We tried to do a good job on the chracter intros though and not be funny or silly with those unless the scripts called for it, like with Get up and Go. Banes did a cool one for that.
Ayes' one for Toa of Kenji was a cool funny interpretation too.

ANyway, I'm really buggered. So, so tired. :(

ayesinback
ayesinback
Posted at

@PIT_FACE and @Kroatz:  Happy Birthday!  Hope it's a great one for ya.

@ozoneocean:  Thanks!  It was much fun, and all the intros/pitches made for a great Quackcast.  So who was Pinky?  skool?  Bianca?

Re the forum being dead - well, not quite dead, but one bonk by the collector of the dead ("Bring out yer dead.  Bring out yer dead … ") should efficiently finish it off.  Very cool, tho, seeing posts from Ironscarf and Same - or is that a zombie thing?  Maybe it is - theyz comin back when the site is all sickly, ready to lure us into a trap.  Cuz they're tricksy like that.

dunno

I've been outside now that the weather has become fantastic, trying to salvage what remains of a very weed-infested garden.  And the garden looks far better than the lawn, or should I say meadow.

it's always something

Posted at

ozoneocean wrote:
Use the time to play around with all those computers and programs the school lets you have access to and create something cool. :)

————

I stayed up till 5am getting the Quackcast edited down last night… It should be pretty funny. :)
We tried to do a good job on the chracter intros though and not be funny or silly with those unless the scripts called for it, like with Get up and Go. Banes did a cool one for that.
Ayes' one for Toa of Kenji was a cool funny interpretation too.

ANyway, I'm really buggered. So, so tired. :(
That was just HILARIOUS! I do hope you guys do something like this again. Maybe ask people to write for their characters according to specific themes or occasions. That would be very interesting too.

PIT_FACE
PIT_FACE
Posted at

yeah!! as a matter of fact, didnt you mention something about making the character thing ongoing?
and thank you Ayes!!! so far it is a pretty sweet one. B-)

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

So many directions to go with something like that, how about a Meeting of the Minds kind of thing where characters discuss themselves and their predicaments and converse with each other.

Put Pinky in group therapy with some of the others in there.  It could be a riot or it could be an insightful workshop.

Talk about tired, I mowed the lawn and when finished the whole body screamed.  Yeech.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Yep, it'd be wonderful to do more and Tantz's suggestion of characters talking on themes is a good one. - It gives people a chance to write in interesting ways for their comics and expand on their character personalities a bit, I like it :D

@Ayes - Yep, that was Bianka, Hahah, I'll get her angrier for the next reading I think. There was a big smile in her voice this time ^_^
Skool did Cc.

If anyone wanted they could even write a short play script for their characters… The one Ayes read out was sort of like that. Having characters talking to each other is cool!

Yeah so, it should be easy to do, as long as it's not too long and as it's all speech, not needing any narration or set up, it will work great!

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

bravo1102 wrote:
So many directions to go with something like that, how about a Meeting of the Minds kind of thing where characters discuss themselves and their predicaments and converse with each other.
Put Pinky in group therapy with some of the others in there.  It could be a riot or it could be an insightful workshop.

Ya, it's interesting.
The challenge, I think, is to keep the characters rooted in their comic contexts and not take them too far out of that… I think.

I'm just feeling my way with that, I'm not a 100% on it, but my instinct is that unless a character is bigger than their comic (like Batman or Superman or Snoopy or whatever), then out of context stuff might not work too well.
i.e. the comic context is the reason for the character's existence and why you'd care about them etc. They ARE their world, not separate.

A character like Batman takes his world with him because we know him that well, but a lot of web-comic characters are orphaned without it, just a part of the mechanism of a larger machine that can't well on their own.

TLDR:
Webcomic characters need background info setups if they're going to be pulled from their comics.
Anyway, those two scenarios you suggest sound cool, especially because they'll be referencing their situations and backgrounds.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Computer crash due to a hard drive issue. The Pinky TA file I was working on corrupted. My backup from last night is A-OK but I still lost all tonight's work. :(

Might have to finally get a new machine. Replacing that HD is no problem at all for me, just hassle and bother, but I don't want to keep fixing stuff constantly and I want more power anyway. This comp is at the end of its use by date for my main working machine now.

I just wish I had more cash!!!!! I don't want to keep having to scrounge into my fricken savings for stuff! UGH! As soon as I start saving more again, a friend needs help and there's $600 gone, or $200 to help another… then bills and bills… And money owed me that's never going to be paid ever.

Maybe it's time to work full time again for a while… Or finally crank on with my new website and get serious about freelancing again? :(

I hate money so much.

Posted at

ozoneocean wrote:

I hate money so much.
You're not the only one… 

On the quackcast with comic characters note, I agree with you that taking each character out of their setting is at least risky. Besides if the point is to advertise the comics the characters come from, it would be best to see them in their comics' setting. And there's so much fun to be had if everyone just writes them on just one theme, like 'write your character describing their pet hates' or 'write their character being frustrated' or 'write your character being high' or some such thing. :D 

Lonnehart
Lonnehart
Posted at

The hassle of having to replace the hard drive.  Installing everything again… what a major headache… sometimes it's a day long headache.

As for friends needing help, you gotta turn them away at some point.  ESPECIALLY if you're the one who's gonna hurt worse at the end.  Then again I'm an idiot… I've helped people out in the past, but when it's my turn to ask for help they turn their backs to me…

Opened a Facebook account.  Just for family though.  My father's in the hospital and I have yet to recieve word on how he's doing.   I figure I'll get a facebook account to keep in touch with the family at least.  I'll try not to post anything too revealing though… I've heard that companies hire dataminers to poke into Facebook to find info about you before hiring/firing you.  And even the so called "protections" that Facebook puts up to keep your info private can be broken by said dataminers…

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.