Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Posted at

Wassup my fellow Muthaduckers of this year 2020^^

Feel like I'm a bit late to this one, but I've been showing my face (or hand to be more accurate) everywhere else and I thought I might as well pop up here too^^ This might be overly optimistic of me, but I have a feeling that the 2020's gonna be pretty wild(Y) For this new year I've been thinking about catching up to the contemporary arts scene and finally begin mastering digital drawing. If you guys got any thoughtful opinions or any cool advice to share with me on this I welcome it(Y)

Posted at

Andreas_Helixfinger wrote:
Wassup my fellow Muthaduckers of this year 2020^^

Feel like I'm a bit late to this one, but I've been showing my face (or hand to be more accurate) everywhere else and I thought I might as well pop up here too^^ This might be overly optimistic of me, but I have a feeling that the 2020's gonna be pretty wild(Y) For this new year I've been thinking about catching up to the contemporary arts scene and finally begin mastering digital drawing. If you guys got any thoughtful opinions or any cool advice to share with me on this I welcome it(Y)

Hiya!

Posted at

Happy 2020 everyone! I think 2020 will be a melodramatic one (at least in the US, what with the election and all.) I hope it will be a good year. This will be the first year when I will have a table at a comic book convention (MOCCA arts festival, NYC)

Posted at

fallopiancrusader wrote:
Happy 2020 everyone! I think 2020 will be a melodramatic one (at least in the US, what with the election and all.) I hope it will be a good year. This will be the first year when I will have a table at a comic book convention (MOCCA arts festival, NYC)

Way to go, Fallopiancrusader! Hope you'll have a good time at the convention(Y)

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

fallopiancrusader wrote:
I'm with Andreas- Congrats Falopian!!!

Posted at

fallopiancrusader wrote:

Happy 2050!!!! 2050!!!!!!!

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

fallopiancrusader wrote:
Plenty of lead time for me to plan a trip into the city. And I see it's near the Intrepid museum. Two for one there.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

bravo1102 wrote:
Plenty of lead time for me to plan a trip into the city. And I see it's near the Intrepid museum. Two for one there.
Is that the one with the Blackbird? (or A-12 rather than an SR71, not that there's any difference… it's either one or the other)

Posted at

Yes! We should all plan a trip to the Big Apple to support fallopiancrusader there this Summer.

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

Is that the one with the Blackbird? (or A-12 rather than an SR71, not that there's any difference… it's either one or the other)

Yes, it is. A-12. Among other stuff.

I saw a real SR-71 on display at the Virginia Aviation museum back when they were one of the few places you could see one.

You guys ever thought of a road trio for the Quackcast?

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

A road trip Quackcast would be good. We did one in Greece last year :)

——

I get my new computer today :)
I really hope it lives up to my needs!

Posted at

I think 2020 will basically be the year of justice.

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

What happened to January? Where did it go? Wow, that was fast. Next up the the democratic party state primaries and before you know it, it'll be April and time for the MOCCA arts festival.

Posted at

Augh, this is now week 2 of some of my freelancing stuff not having been paid when it should. It's kinda frustrating and stuff. :(

But have a great February guys!

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

I had to get a new comp because Windows 7 isn't supported now and I didn't want to "upgrade" my awesome 2011 Samsung Series 9 excellently functioning comp and have it potentially turn into a toaster.

So I got a nice new one. It has twice the ram, and 4 times the HD space. It's funny but it took me AGES to buy a new comp because all the choices I could find had almost the SAME specs as my 2011 computer and usually cost more! ISO I waited till I could find something with more power at a better cost. This one seems to have fit the bill.

16 gig of ram, 512SSD i7 processor etc. In this day that's not super dooper, but it's more than enough for artwork and the sound editing I need to do.
Gone are the days when you need the highest end computer for 2D digital art thankfully!

Ironscarf
Ironscarf
Posted at

Beyond envy at that setup. Or any setup!

Did you say it was an Asus machine?

Posted at

@ozoneocean

Your set up looks amazing, Oz!! I am curious to see if your digital style will evolve with the upgraded specs of new technology.

Avart
Avart
Posted at

Fantastic set up @ozoneocean!

Posted at

Still haven't been paid. :( I hope tomorrow is the day. Hasn't happened before, I hope it's a one-time fluke thing.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

I really hope you get paid soon Tantz!

——————-

Re: my setup
Thanks guys! Yup, Asus. It works well. I have it working with illustrator and Photoshop now. All seems to work nicely. I don't think anything will change for a while because I'm using it the same as the old machine.
But if I use it with the new stylus then it would change for sure…

I don't know if I like the idea of that though. I would have it as a backup tablet but I like to keep my computer safe and use my Samsung tablet as the portable thing- the comp is all hooked up to all sorts of things, stuck on my desk.

Posted at

I finally got a colorist guys!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

So I was out at a pub the other night with my GF and a guy approached the table… He though we were both sexy single girls and wanted to chat us up for him and his friend.

This was ridiculous… Also weirdly flattering that people still think I'm an attractive woman XD
In bad lighting.

I mean, I'm a 44 year old man! (almost 45) I don't quite look my age, but still…

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.