Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
lothar
lothar
Posted at

Ex prime minister of Japan Abe Shinzo was shot and killed today. Some ex-military guy with a home made gun did it. He was the longest serving primer minister. It fucking sucks. 😢

Posted at

lothar wrote:
Ex prime minister of Japan Abe Shinzo was shot and killed today. Some ex-military guy with a home made gun did it. He was the longest serving primer minister. It fucking sucks. 😢

I thought about you @lothar when I read the headline. I am saddened by your country’s loss today.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

kawaiidaigakusei wrote:
lothar wrote:

I thought about you @lothar when I read the headline. I am saddened by your country’s loss today.
It's weird and awful. Apparently he was fixated… Hi mum was conned into donating all her money to a religious scam and he blamed Abe, thinking he was connected to the cult. It's like the plot of a manga :(

—————–

This is interesting. It's an article about Ironscafr's hometown… About the super rich in London building mega basements with swimming pools, gyms, cinemas, panic rooms, and even waterfalls and beaches. Funny that the researcher in charge of finding out about these is call "professor Burrows".
Haha!
Very British in humour and style. I wonder if he's secretly a Womble?
Or even a Badger or Mole, ie Wind in the Willows…

Ironscarf
Ironscarf
Posted at

Ozoneocean wrote:

This is interesting. It's an article about Ironscafr's hometown… About the super rich in London building mega basements with swimming pools, gyms, cinemas, panic rooms, and even waterfalls and beaches. Funny that the researcher in charge of finding out about these is call "professor Burrows".
Haha!
Very British in humour and style. I wonder if he's secretly a Womble?
Or even a Badger or Mole, ie Wind in the Willows…

There was a high profile and somewhat hilarious example of this, where Jimmy Page took his neighbour Robbie Williams to court over plans to extend his basement, which went down like a Led balloon. Jimmy claimed it would threaten the foundations of his listed building, which was formerly the home of noted occultist Alistair Crowley. The whole thing reminded me of Stella Street, but I can't remember the outcome.

Genejoke
Genejoke
Posted at

Hahaha! that's brilliant.

This heatwave is horrible. It's funny how a few weeks back I was in Spain in much higher temperatures and it was fine but here it's oppressive.

Genejoke
Genejoke
Posted at

Nice work on that, I really like it.

Genejoke
Genejoke
Posted at

And I have covid, again. Feel completely washed out. The joys.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Genejoke wrote:
I still haven't had it yet… I feel it's only a mater of time. People call it "the spicy cough" here. I hate the. Just call it CoVid. Dickheads.

I hope you recover ok man! It must be nasty with that and the very hot weather there.

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

Ozoneocean wrote:
Genejoke wrote:
I still haven't had it yet… I feel it's only a mater of time. People call it "the spicy cough" here. I hate the. Just call it CoVid. Dickheads.

I hope you recover ok man! It must be nasty with that and the very hot weather there.
Spicy cough? I get that every time I have hot sauce. It's called acid reflux and has nothing to do with Covid.

Posted at

I'm bedridden with a nasty case of lumbago. :( Can barely walk and even sitting up or going to the bathroom is agony. I almost passed out from the pain this morning. I'm on painkiller now and it's somewhat better. I hope it passes before Friday or I won't be able to make WM this week.

Ironscarf
Ironscarf
Posted at

Hope you're feeling better soon Tantz, I'm reckon you've more than earned earned a week off at least.

Genejoke
Genejoke
Posted at

Not fun, I've been living with similar problems for a few years it's not pleasant and really hinders creativity when it's bad.

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

Just take it easy. The human curse of having a spine still made for walking on all fours with the rest of skeleton having evolved for walking upright. Spine just never caught up.
As I discovered while recovering from my eye operations (in bed on one side all day.) Great time to catch up on those podcasts. YouTube videos and comic reading.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

That's awful Tantz :(

But it reminds me of one of my fave film series when I was a kid… Ma and Pa Kettle. Example:
https://youtu.be/ga2FYzqlZDI

I have a clear memory of Pa Kettle always using "…mah lumbago" as an excuse any time Ma Kettle asked him to do something. I used to be very good at imitating that when I was a little one 🤣

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

It's very real. One of my wife's coworkers would be sidelined for days when her lumbar spine just gave out. I'm stuck with it being my cervical spine and a host of exercises so I can soldier on and not take to my bed.
It ain't the years, it's the mileage. My favorite Indy quote. And so true.

Posted at

Thank you for all the well wishes guys! I really appreciate it. I'm feeling considerably better. Hopefully I'll be able to make Sunday's WM page. So far it hurts to sit for too long, but at least I can walk again.

Othosmops
Othosmops
Posted at

I hope for you it disappears completely and never returns. The heat alone is hard enough.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

OK, all the money that our wonderful creators raised via Gumroad has been eaten up and I'm now dipping into my own wallet to Pa Alexey. It's painful, hahaha! There's a hole that will take a while to heal over.

Paying by Crypto is sooooo annoying. ANd the fees they charge are huge.

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

Is that a way of saying it's time to do another anthology?

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

LOL Yes! Great idea :D

If we do one I'll try and set up something where people can just pay directly into Paypal

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Hey, People from the USA, I have a question…
-When Americans say "creamer" or "coffee with cream" Do you ACTUALLY mean "cream", as in the thick, fatty, milky substance that's separated from milk, of is this just a weird American way of saying "milk"?

In the case of "creamer" it's kind of powdered, dehydrated version of whatever this stuff is… i.e. milk or actual cream.

I have always wondered this. In Australia we pretty much only have milk in coffee (if we add anything). American coffee tends to be bitter, percolated stuff though so maybe you need cream rather than just milk to modulate that?

In South East Asia they use condensed milk, because you don't have to refrigerate it… everywhere has their own particular weirdness so I wouldn't be surprised if it was actually cream.

Posted at

Ozoneocean wrote:
Hey, People from the USA, I have a question…
-When Americans say "creamer" or "coffee with cream" Do you ACTUALLY mean "cream", as in the thick, fatty, milky substance that's separated from milk, of is this just a weird American way of saying "milk"?

Milk is milk, creamer is creamer, though we also have half and half which is probably the most popular. If you order a "regular" that's 1 half and half or creamer with 2 sugar packs.

American coffee tends to be bitter, percolated stuff though so maybe you need cream rather than just milk to modulate that?

You aren't wrong about that. Like many things, Americans take the ballistic approach to making tea and coffee. Most people steep tea far too long and make coffee far too fast.

I've been learning how to make coffee properly over the Pandemic years.

-1/2 cup of freshly ground beans into a french press or small pot,
-pour a little boiling water over the grounds till it stops bubbling (this is the most important step as it releases the gasses and reduces bitterness.)
-If you are going to drink it right away fill the rest of the container with boiling water and let it sit for 3-4 minutes. DON'T let it sit longer than that.
-If you are preparing the coffee for the following day, fill the container with cold or room temperature water. If I am making a hot brew, I usually start a cold brew as well.
-When you are ready, lower the plunger slowly, then pour it through a coffee filter to separate it from the beans.

-The quality of the water and beans make all the difference.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

sleeping_gorilla wrote:
Milk is milk, creamer is creamer, though we also have half and half which is probably the most popular. If you order a “regular” that's 1 half and half or creamer with 2 sugar packs.
Arrrgh, but what IS "creamer"
Is it a milk type substitute, or a cream substitute or, a full cream milk substitute, or just a weird branded full cream or half cream real milk, or what? Or just actual milk?

————

OK, I looked it up.
It's a milk substitute and that's pretty much all. Hahaha!
It's made with oils and things and can have flavours added. But it's just fake milk and you guys call it "creamer"…
It's like the milk version of margarine. I mean, as margarine is to butter, so is creamer to milk.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.