Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
PIT_FACE
PIT_FACE
Posted at

…it appears that my comic (MAG-ISA) has come to the attention of some big fish in the art/animation industry

I'd leave it at that but I dunno if I should be proud of that or if I should be humbled.

i agree with Ozone, take the fucker by the balls!

Posted at

The last 2 weeks have been 'work at home weeks' for me so I could have some dedicated time to get some stuff done. And I did get most of it done! I'll have to carry on through the weekend, but I think that will be okay, because I actually am really motivated to finish as much as I can. (we have old projects finishing and new projects starting.) It will be impossible for me to actually finish everything I want to finish unless I pull more 9-hour days (I have been this week), which I don't want to do because it's the weekend. But most stuff will be close-enough-to-done that I can let the bits and pieces trickle towards finished.

I did a ton of work the last 4 days, sat in front of the computer at 10am and didn't get up til 7 or 8pm. My back hurts. :[ I'ma take a bath tonight. And then do some drawing with crayons while I watch Sopranos. Good combination?

Many's the night I've woken up to find I'm sharing my duvet with about 20 of the blighters! Just for the record, one has never crawled into my ear, but I'd rather that than sleep with house centipedes, which I did in a Spanish hotel once. They are terrible sleeping partners.

Christ. I actually feel better about killing the environment by using a dryer now.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

My answer to yours Skool.

Duck has become a half alien, half plant monstrosity.

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

which leads me to another thing i've wanted to rant about. rank. i've got me some rank in the military enlisted rank…but it seems that everyone in the world got promoted with me. which means when someone does something stupid, or works stupid hours, i still can't bitch them out. but i do. but nothing gets done, cause they can blow it off. OR the go and get commissioned. fucking lieutenants.

This is what is referred to as "earning" your stripes. And it sucks. Thankfully I had given up drinking by the time I was in the Army or else I would have taken up drinking.

—-
(and the herd of gay wildebeasts runs in circles making the lioness dizzy)

So I had an iced coffee this morning and when I got home I had a wonderful caffeine crash. Crash and burn. Ow. I haven't felt that depressed in over a year. And now I find I am in danger of having my checking account overdrawn. Help! Send Money! I accept Paypal. lol!

rokulily
rokulily
Posted at

aw i missed the bugathon? but i really like bugs… 'cept for ladybugs- but i have my reasons… oh well, next time i guess.

also, guess whose photoshop came in the mail today? sweet beautiful working photoshop- at long last we are reunited! never leave me again or i'll find your programmers and kick them in the shins… stupid CS3…

now i gotta get me one of those tablet thingys and i'll be in comic making heaven. i hears the bamboos alright

lba
lba
Posted at

I have a special talent for getting myself put into the friend zone it would appear. I went to the bar with some friends and one of the few women who has appealed to me in almost two years, and one of the first things out of her mouth was directed at me and another guy when she said, "you guys are really good friends". I actually ended up cringing upon hearing that word.

In a weird way, I think this ability of mine to end up in the friend zone approximately 2 seconds after meeting people is quite fascinating. I guess I'm just one of those people that everyone sees them and automatically decides that they're just a really cool guy to hang out with.

Ironscarf
Ironscarf
Posted at

There's a fair modicum of gay wildebeast in there too I reckon!

—(majestic beasts of the plain open a themed nightclub)

Don't despair rokulily, there's always time for more bug action! Here in the UK it's now garden spider time. I don't know why these critters come out in early autumn, but they do.

They're only small but the problem is every night they spin a new web and some webs can be really, really big! There's one living by my door and if I don't keep my wits about me I walk straight through a huge web in the morning and the little spider is stuck to me, probably thinking, "Yay! I caught something!" and I'm thinking,
"Okay, y'got me; now what? You're gonna wrap me up in silk and have me for breakfast? Think again buddy!" Not sure why I use that accent when I talk to spiders. Just bravado I suppose.

Can't knock the little critter though. She's got big dreams.

Niccea
Niccea
Posted at

We did energy healing in my complementary medicine class tonight and I'm feeling wired. It is a very odd feeling because I normally don't feel this way. I'm also a bit twitchy. But man that stuff worked. My back is all loosened up for now. My hands don't feel as tingly. And feeling has returned to the bottom of my right foot (I lost it Tuesday). So yeah. Need to calm down a bit.

alwinbot
alwinbot
Posted at

Kyupol, if you're getting an animation based off your comic. You win.

Posted at

Hahahaha, Oz that's wonderful. :]

seventy2
seventy2
Posted at

i'm lonely. i'm sad. i'm bored. i'm getting into a routine and the days are already passing faster than before. and i'm gone for longer this time. maybe that's why they're passing so fast.because of the time difference.

i'm sunburnt and i want to draw. where's my drawing pad that i left at home? where's my favorite pencil? sigh. this makes me more….holy crap it's bed time.

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

And Quail is on his way to becoming the national insignia of Poland.

Okay Quail put the crown on your head and no one will know…

rokulily
rokulily
Posted at

24 comic day is slowly killing my sanity bit by bit. i will be joining the horde soon… but for right now i have to go find a certain programmer/webpage designer and kick them in the shins. be right back

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

but people HAVE to know or else what is the point? O_O
24 comic day is slowly killing my sanity bit by bit. i will be joining the horde soon… but for right now i have to go find a certain programmer/webpage designer and kick them in the shins. be right back

Go here http://www.ustream.tv/wowio
There's a video stream of some 24 hour comic kings there ^^

rokulily
rokulily
Posted at

Go here http://www.ustream.tv/wowio
There's a video stream of some 24 hour comic kings there ^^
yes but none of those people do i want to kick in the shins. they all seem too nice- all making comics and whatnot. they deserve cookies and other such free foods, not kicked shins.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

They are nice. As nice a fine vintage cookies.

Skullbie
Skullbie
Posted at

Asking dad for money is so nice…unlike mom, who descends upon me like a vulture from hell =_=

God…i'm so used to her making a big deal out of it was nice when he just reached for the money wad (you know, when you just cram money in your front pockets and it turns into a big wad. I do that even though i carry a purse lol). I think he understands though, since he'll tell me about work bonuses and other stuff but not mention them to mom :neenjah:

Posted at

Just letting you guys know that if you're working on the 24 hour comic book day, we're asking if you can submit them to me so that they can be posted on this new and awesome community project comic, for all to see.

So come on, flaunt your stuff like you truly deserve ^^

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

This was my 24 hour project… and *uck am I tired!!!!!!!

handmade hat, made from sheepskin and cotton thread. Hand stitched.

Now I'm off…

Product Placement, if you want to share those with the 24 hour comic peps I'd be obliged ^_^

Posted at

Wow, that's a great-looking hat! Well done Oz :D Why are you making warm hats in the summer!

PP, I will be sure and announce that project today!

Skullbie
Skullbie
Posted at

@Ozone
Wow that looks really good.

——
Internet is pissing me off with it's mixed info. I wanna know the correct english way to pronounce 'bourgeoisie'. I've been pronouncing it 'boorsz-wah-zee' and i say the first part fast hoping people wont catch it if i'm wrong, but i saw a few claiming it was 'BOUR zwah seh' and 'bour-g-wah-seh'. Bah, freaking french words.

ayesinback
ayesinback
Posted at

@Oz

Really nice! It looks like you combed it, too, the way the fleece floats in one direction. Is it for an occasion, or just because you wanted to see if you can do it?

@Skullbie
I think that "bourgeoisie" is suppose to be pronounced pretty much the same whether you're in France or not. I think the way you were doing it is closest: boor jwa zee

PIT_FACE
PIT_FACE
Posted at

Just letting you guys know that if you're working on the 24 hour comic book day, we're asking if you can submit them to me so that they can be posted on this new and awesome community project comic, for all to see.

So come on, flaunt your stuff like you truly deserve ^^

what if we didnt finish it? yeah i didnt make it all the way, lol. got about 10 pages.

and nice hat oz! you made it?

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

but people HAVE to know or else what is the point? O_O

:) to finish the sentence…that you're not really an eagle but a quail pretending to be an eagle for the glory of Poland.

Whenever someone corrects your pronounciation of a French word (a la Francaise) Think "how would Bugs Bunny pronounce it?" Boor-gee-ozzie :)

I did the 24 hour project of getting all the sleep everyone else was foregoing.

Skullbie
Skullbie
Posted at

I had an awesome dream last night *.* When i woke up i was disappointed it wasn't real…
I was back in my old house and went out into the back yard wood areas. There were misplaced shacks and brown cardboard boxes everywhere, what my dream self assumed to be from the suicidal cult that (had) lived in the area. When i looked in one of the boxes i found all kinds of awesome shit i didn't know i'd even wanted; a used DS, pokemanz cards, snorlax dolls, etc. I had brought a small red container with me and refused to take the cardboard boxes…only what i could get into the container.

Idk it seems like it has some profound meaning. Yes, i should go… to a yard sale! B)

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.