Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
elektro
elektro
Posted at

My dad's going to be going in for an operation on his carotid artery soon. Here's hoping he gets through it alright.

In better news, I'm currently doing my annual reading of "The Complete Calvin and Hobbes", plus I have an opening reception in Chicago in a couple of weeks that I can't wait for.

Posted at

Thanks to the snow today, tonight, and likely tomorrow, I get to skip out on travelling to work tomorrow (will work from home), miss a meeting that was sure to be 'eh', and get a bit more time to prepare for something on Friday.

Also probably means I'm unlikely to go to the gym though… unless the afternoon clears up?

Skullbie
Skullbie
Posted at

Got another rant about collab forums, I can't seem to stay away >_>
Anyways every single ad ever fits into one of these categories(okay not really);

-Teens with clusterfuck stories: vampires/faeries/KH doujins/whatever. They took every manga/video game plot they liked and tried to mash it together +BL

-People with novellas: Their ad alone is a small essay and they've got a huge complicated plot that would be 1000x better as a novel than a comic.

-Teens with creepyfuck stories: Gore/incest/rape, usually all three. What the fucking god is wrong with kids today to posses them to make a comic glorifying these(usually with vampires and fairies)?

-Dark superhero stories: Adult males wanting to make a spawn/spiderman/deadpool rip-off, but they usually pay for the work.

-Someone who will write for you: Usually 'starting off' and has never made a script an artist can follow. Sends you a dialog only 19-page word doc to fit in 5 pages.

-Someone who didn't leave a description or any info on it: Afraid their idea will get 'stolen', or someone without a story wondering who they'll get.

-Writers with good stories: All above think they're in this category.

————–

…I'm really bored right now. I'm not really looking foreward to school next week though.

crocty
crocty
Posted at

Uuugh I hope it's another snow day tomorrow.
PHSE tomorrow (For those of you who don't know what that is, think of a dump subject that anyone can pass, make it 100x easier, and make it count for nothing, and this is what you get) and apparently everyone in the sixth form has to go in a tiny room that we will NOT fit in.
Last time that happened we were stuck for 1 hour listening to a long ass-lecture.
Ugh…

seventy2
seventy2
Posted at

RAAAGE. post did not process.

short:

i'm in shreveport louisiana, to keep that snow from ruining work.

i can't see bocaj's picture he posted for me….

AQua_ng
AQua_ng
Posted at

PHSE

However, this snow's has frozen my work ethic and I cannot be bothered to do any studying or what have you. My exams are in a week as well…

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

My latest carefully targeted e-bay purchases are all set to assemble a magnificent new outfit!
I intend to end up looking sort of like this:

:)

…. if I do it right.

And hopefully not this:

—-_______—-

Lonnehart
Lonnehart
Posted at

One of these days someone's going to post a picture of a "fashionable" caveman/cavewoman outfit. No, not like the ones you see in Fred Flinstone shows. Well… maybe a bit more recent than the neanderthal ages… Maybe stuff made from mammoth hide or something? I doubt we'll ever see dinosaur hide coats as humans didn't exist when the T-Rex did… though we are enjoying the taste of the T-Rex's alleged "descendants"… :)

Posted at

Got another rant about collab forums, I can't seem to stay away >_>
Anyways every single ad ever fits into one of these categories(okay not really);

-Teens with clusterfuck stories: vampires/faeries/KH doujins/whatever. They took every manga/video game plot they liked and tried to mash it together +BL

-People with novellas: Their ad alone is a small essay and they've got a huge complicated plot that would be 1000x better as a novel than a comic.

-Teens with creepyfuck stories: Gore/incest/rape, usually all three. What the fucking god is wrong with kids today to posses them to make a comic glorifying these(usually with vampires and fairies)?

-Dark superhero stories: Adult males wanting to make a spawn/spiderman/deadpool rip-off, but they usually pay for the work.

-Someone who will write for you: Usually 'starting off' and has never made a script an artist can follow. Sends you a dialog only 19-page word doc to fit in 5 pages.

-Someone who didn't leave a description or any info on it: Afraid their idea will get 'stolen', or someone without a story wondering who they'll get.

-Writers with good stories: All above think they're in this category.

————–

…I'm really bored right now. I'm not really looking foreward to school next week though.

Hey, I've got this story for you. It's about a vampire fairy family of space explorers who slaughter the inhabitants of planets but then one guy, kinda like spawn but he's actually a furry lizard kinda thing that dresses in spandex is fighting them. And he's an immortal, so you get to see how he fights them over twenty generations or so, holding their progress. He fights them cause they're reminding him of his grandma that abused him as a child with a pickaxe handle. Anyway, here's the script for the short first chapter, sorry it's 20k words but you should be able to figure out how to squeeze that in. I'll come up with chapter two whenever I have an idea what to do for it… but it's going to be GREAT!

(add bad grammar and internet spelling where applicable, batteries not included)

I've noticed that writers generally have less self-criticism, mostly because it's harder to SEE that your writing sucks donkey balls than it is with images.

- - - - - -
In other news: sent my files to ka-blam yesterday :D

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

though we are enjoying the taste of the T-Rex's alleged "descendants"…
The chicken certainly didn't descend from T-Rex. That'd be like saying you descended from your great, great, great grandfather's second cousin twice removed. Who was gay. :)
…but it makes better headlines when the press guys pretend it's a direct relationship :P

Are you saying white tie is old fashioned? >:[
I'll have you know that look is timeless! :/

Posted at

Minus the vampires you got me. It's mainly that I love Stephen King. I just haven't released/finished abunch of my
novellas:

On a more positive note, I had auditons for winter Caberet yesterday and they may put me out for a solo! That and tommorrow I'm going to see Wicked (not at Broadway but with a Broadway cast) with my drama club! That's why ahem I will not be on drunkducktommorrow…

Terrible news with that last bit but Wicked is worth it. :D

amanda
amanda
Posted at

I just can't seem to get over my needle phobia… and it's frustrating to make such a spectacle of myself at the doctor's office. *sigh*

HippieVan
HippieVan
Posted at

I just can't seem to get over my needle phobia… and it's frustrating to make such a spectacle of myself at the doctor's office. *sigh*

My little sister has a terrible fear of needles. Apparently it's a really difficult phobia to overcome.

lba
lba
Posted at

I don't think you ever really get over it. I tried getting over it when I was little, and only got to the point where it's a subconscious issue. And in the process I probably made it worse. Now I can look at a needle without feeling afraid, but if I'm already stressed out in some way, and I see one going into my arm or whatever, I just black out and start convulsing like a fresh-caught perch. I just take solace in the fact that this is pretty much the only thing that has ever caused such a response with me.

————-

I finally admitted defeat and pulled my work from the galleries I had it in. It was getting to the point that paying for the wall space was just costing me money and I wasn't selling anything. I'm disappointed, but not really horribly surprised. I halfway put the work up there for resume material.

amanda
amanda
Posted at

I'm to the point that I can be completely relaxed and positive that I can actually go through with it - I feel like the most reasonable person in the world. But the second the needle comes out of the package, I'm in the corner of the room in a fetal position in tears. Even though I warn the phlebotomist, he or she is *never* prepared for it. *sigh* I take solace in the fact that I'm not the only one XD

Posted at

I have to get 40 shots in one arm soon.

lothar
lothar
Posted at

40 ! holy lord !! wut is it leprosy or rabies ?

Ironscarf
Ironscarf
Posted at

One of these days someone's going to post a picture of a "fashionable" caveman/cavewoman outfit.

Not great, but it's a start:

Posted at

I'm to the point that I can be completely relaxed and positive that I can actually go through with it - I feel like the most reasonable person in the world. But the second the needle comes out of the package, I'm in the corner of the room in a fetal position in tears. Even though I warn the phlebotomist, he or she is *never* prepared for it. *sigh* I take solace in the fact that I'm not the only one XD

Steel yourself and look in the other direction dear, there is no alternative.
x

Posted at

Allergies. I get to inject myself with 40 different things to see which ones cause an allergic reaction.

I think I can live with the snivels but naturally I'd have no choice in the matter.

HippieVan
HippieVan
Posted at

Allergies. I get to inject myself with 40 different things to see which ones cause an allergic reaction.

I think I can live with the snivels but naturally I'd have no choice in the matter.

I got 80 last time. And tomorrow I get to go do it all over again.
I win. ;)

yeah it sucks though, last time they told me it would feel like a slight "pinch". It doesn't. It feels like you're getting a ton of flu shots, one right after the other. And then you have to sit there and watch them, praying the chocolate section doesn't react.

Skullbie
Skullbie
Posted at

Ah what the hell? I'm sooo glad i don't have allergies right now, that's just crazy @_@

I'm still afraid of shots though, once when i was younger i even kicked the lady giving them trying to get away (it was the bus for mandatory school shots, mom had to hold me down)

I'd assume you lose the fear after doing it 40 or so times.

LOOKIS
LOOKIS
Posted at

Phobias - I read current practice to cure a phobia is to expose a person to the phobia trigger numerous times until they are "deconditioned".

Like if you are afraid of snakes then they would take you to a room full of snakes, get you to touch a snake, handle a snake, etc, etc..

But Holy Moly, if you are afraid of NEEDLES, then what?!

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.